Glow Worm 30CXI F12 Fault. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm 30CXI F12 Fault. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupieloo

Gas Engineer
Hi

I need help with this fault code F12. Every time i go to the job its on F and then solid red light or F12 and red light. But when i turn it off and on and test it everything works until a few hours later i get a phone call saying its gone to F12 again.

I have in my van the PCB board and display board etc for the boiler but don't want to replace them if they don't need them as if i open them i can't take them back. Is there a way of testing this fault? I seen this on another forum:

F12 fault. This is a communication error between the PCB's. I would suggest taking off the low voltage components as they can cause an interuption on the signal between the boards. These are J1, J4 and J2 on the main pcb. It will then show you another fault. If it shows a fault other than F12 then one of the low voltage components is causing the issue. Its a process of elimination test which means you put one plug on at a time and see which is causing the issue.
If it goes back to F12 when you take these plugs off i would suggest checking the harness to the display which is J13 (5 red wires). If thats ok its most likely an issue with the display board. Sometimes when these boards are changed they do not recognise one another so it can cause issues like this.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I Will try this but didn't know if anyone had any other ideas as its a bit hard to find a fault when it starts to work and stay working for abit.
[/FONT]
Any help would be appreciated.

Update:

Been out today and found that when I pulled J1 plug out F10 came up. J2 plug out F7 came up and J4 nothing as this is a pressure sensor and glowworm apparently said it wouldn't show anything. Anyway got down to it being the flow switch as the heating was over riding the hot water when you put it in (completely opposite to what it should be) this caused F12. Haven't had a phone call yet saying it's down again so fingers crossed.

Thanks

My hunch is flow switch, disconnect the lead at the flow switch and see if its all cruded up.

Well if it's the grey coloured flow switch id be swopping it anyway, they can cause you no end of trouble

Yes it was a grey one. I've replaced it for the black version. Expensive for what it is £81. Glow worm are terrible but at the end of the day they keep me busy

Yes it was a grey one. I've replaced it for the black version. Expensive for what it is £81. Glow worm are terrible but at the end of the day they keep me busy í*½í¸ƒ

And did that fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Could be the thermostat/external controls...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately most household insurance...
Replies
Views
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Back