Glow Worm 38cxi Combi. Expansion Vessel fault?? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm 38cxi Combi. Expansion Vessel fault?? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jui

Hi guys, I have an extremely annoying problem. The pressure on the boiler is dropping by 1.0bar every 4 hours. The problem has been going on for about 4 weeks now. It is a Glow Worm 38cxi. I called glow worm out who told me that it must be a leak in the system and not the boiler at fault. So I called a thermal imaging company out who checked over the whole house and did not find a single leak. Then I personally checked under all the floorboards to check, but nothing.
I called Glow Worm again and they came out and replaced the PRV Valve, which at first slowed down the dropping of pressure, but now the pressure is dropping like it was before.

Could the problem be with the expansion vessel or some other part of the boiler?

Please could any other members on this forum give me some confirmation on this before the boiler engineer comes out agai on wednesday.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

definitely sounds like a leak somewhere , a vessel problem usually results in pressure rising then the prv blowing and pressure dropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A
As above 1 bar is more than enough vallants...
Replies
Views
Ask the installer to get his supplier to...
Replies
Views
Our Glow Worm 38cxi boiler is about 15 years...
Replies
Views
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Back