Glow Worm 38CXI Hot Water Issue | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm 38CXI Hot Water Issue in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi There

I hope you can help or point me in the right direction.

I have a Glow Worm 38CXI boiler. The Central Heating is working perfectly however a few weeks ago we started to experience a problem with the hot water. When running the shower or putting a big demand on the hot water tap the boiler will come into life and start to heat the boiler, it will get too hot to keep your hand under. All of the flame symbols on the boiler come on. A few moments later the boiler will wind down, the flame symbols will all but disappear to the last one and the water will become much colder and not really hot at all.

I have removed the heat exchange plate and thoroughly cleaned it with acid, there is no sign of debris inside it and when attaching a hose pipe to each side, the water flows satisfactorily out of the other.

I have the pressure set to 1.5 bar and there are no fault codes on the boiler.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve

Similar plumbing topics

No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
Yeah, good shout. I will use the immersion...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all Hope you can help We have a Gloworm...
Replies
Views
I
I'm not an expert, but if your system is...
Replies
Views
Our Glow Worm 38cxi boiler is about 15 years...
Replies
Views
Back