glow worm 60FF boiling | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss glow worm 60FF boiling in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jooles

Our glow worm gas boiler, when it has been running for an hour or so, every so often makes an enormous rattling noise in the pipes above the boiler that sounds like boiling. I think it is also spurting water out of the header tank overflow. Is this cavitation and what can we do about it?
Thanks

It could be,if only just started happenng
First thing to try is turning boiler thermostat down as probably out of calibration,if works replace thermostate
Also if system dirty could be a restriction build up just before pump impellor,usually in pump casing or isolation valve in which case we could be into a system clean

Puddle - thanks for your advice: turning the thermostat down has done the trick. So how do we work out whether it is the thermostat that needs replacing or dirty in the pump impellor? Is replacing the thermostat expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
A
Thanks for that. And yes, time for an engineer!
Replies
Views
Andy Don
A
Cheers, thanks for that, the British Gas...
Replies
Views
Back