Glow Worm Beta 24c boiler problems | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm Beta 24c boiler problems in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moonjiver

Hello, I'm a newcomer to this site and to g.c.h. as well, so having great difficulty knowing how to manage my heating system, form an idea of how much power I'm using up etc.

What is clear is that my Glow Worm Betacom 24c boiler is not at all working properly. My landlord's engineer has looked at it several times and said he can't find a problem but .. if I turn on the hot tap I only get cold water at first. It takes over ten minutes for the water to finally heat up to really hot, often even that doesn't happen and only by twiddling the boiler knobs several times (off, taps only, off again, then onto taps + rads) does the boiler finally decide to fire and the various lights start coming on. Also, in the middle of washing up, the boiler just stops firing, the water runs cold and I have to start all over again! The rads seem to heat up pretty quickly (though not very hot) even when the taps are running cold - very odd.

I see that on the internet there are dozens of complaints about this particular boiler which does seem to be quite temperemental - some of the problems are the same as my own.

I would appreciate any advice about what to do about this. I am trying to locate a user manual from the internet and it may be that some quite simple adjustments are needed to the colored knobs below the boiler. The water pressure is mainly fine and I have tried altering the thermostat in my hall - makes no difference to this problem.

Cheers,

Bernardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
I
I'm not an expert, but if your system is...
Replies
Views
Yeah, good shout. I will use the immersion...
Replies
Views
Back