Glow worm boiler with no power?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow worm boiler with no power?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bezz

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can give an idea as to this problem?

There appears to be no power to the boiler. The mains light is not illuminated although the clock is still working. I've checked the power supply and the fuses (including the one on the PCB) and all are fine. No hot water or heating. No clicks or noises when demand for water.

Looking at the PCB there appears to a couple of burnt components so I'm guessing that's the problem. The boiler was working fine up until this morning.

Is there any way I can check anything or should I just go and change the PCB anyway?

Boiler is Glow worm Compact 80e around 10 years old.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Bezz.

​If you have burn marks its donald ducked you could put a new one in only to blow that one check your components for shorts ECT

Thanks wazzer.

I thought the PCB was going to need replacing. I just thought I'd ask in case there was anything obvious I'd missed checking.

what glowworm model boiler is it? i have had a couple of boards go on glowworms cxi's just from turning them off!

IT was an 80e .I fitted glow worms for along time they even took me to vegas on the points in 2005 i tried to remain loyal because of this but i had to give them up it became embarrassing left hand hydroblock made out of wrong material pcbs poping gionani heat ex leaking and other probs and most people cant work the controllers you have to look after your customers so no more for me

When it was first installed, we had a lot of problems. New PCB in the first few days and another (maybe two) under Glow worm warranty. I took out a boiler warranty plan and had at least another one claimed under that.

The boiler was eventually written off when the expansion tank diaphragm broke and it was deemed an uneconomical repair. I fitted a supplementary one which has been fine.

That said, the last five years have been pretty much trouble free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
Back