Glow-worm boiler won't sart with either thermostat or control panel | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow-worm boiler won't sart with either thermostat or control panel in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

porter

We have a Glow Worm 60ff Ultimate boiler. 14 yrs old ish

Two weeks ago called a plumber because boiler wouldn't ignite. A wire was caught in casing and replaced. We had a service at the same time as it hadn't been done for 18 months.

Two days later the fan failed, seemingly a coincidence so had it replaced by same plumber.

Today called them out again because boiler won't ignite when the thermostat clicks nor if I switch off and on again at control panel by boiler, only way I have found to resolve this is by switching mains off and on again.

Sorry, I don't know technical terms for things. But could someone advise if this new problem is related to the previous problems, hard to beleive it's coincidence again but maybe we are just unlucky.

Thanks

Thanks for reply.

No fan at all, it's just dead, nothing starts it apart from switching mains on and off. Very baffled!

Hmmm, get a Gas Safe Engineer out he'll sort it, bish bash bosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
Hi - I found the fault. There are two actuator...
Replies
Views
I'm sorry it's been difficult reading. Is this...
Replies
Views
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
Back