glow.worm combi boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss glow.worm combi boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sudds01

im working on a glow.worm betacom 24 combi boiler GC No-47019.08,the radiators in the property do not get hot,but the flow pipe is hot off the pump, but on circulation of heat through system, the boiler fire's up ok,the hot water side works fine!,checked the operation of the pump the impeller rotates on all three speeds,but very hot to touch[excessivey so],also found a small leak on the back of the three way valve motor!,can any one advise me on the fault and give me a remedy,thank you for your time cheers.

blockage or airlock. is system microbore? was it once an open vented system?? (possibly not flushed)

could still be the pump...impeller may not be working correctly even though you have proved it spins..

Impeller spinning on pump armature or diverter valve stuck on HW. Best to whip the pump out and have a look. Hold armature with screwdriver through bleed screw and try and turn the impeller by hand.

faulty pump or diverter valve stuck, leak may give a clue, not the best of boilers, you maybe able to get a service kit for valve but better to replace.

im working on a glow.worm betacom 24 combi boiler GC No-47019.08,the radiators in the property do not get hot,but the flow pipe is hot off the pump, but on circulation of heat through system, the boiler fire's up ok,the hot water side works fine!,checked the operation of the pump the impeller rotates on all three speeds,but very hot to touch[excessivey so],also found a small leak on the back of the three way valve motor!,can any one advise me on the fault and give me a remedy,thank you for your time cheers.

Did you find the problem I have the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
A decent water pressure and flow will be...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back