Glow Worm Compact 60 FF System Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm Compact 60 FF System Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ndsmith

Hi, I'm new to boiler repairs and breakdowns etc, always stuck to fitting gas work and left repairs to others.

A chap I know has asked me to look at his Glow Worm Compact 60 FF System Boiler, it has no power to it at all, been through the fault finding in the book which points towards the fuse blown in the PCB or PCB needs replacing.

I was wondering if it is the PCB gone, is there something that has caused this, like another component faulty, so even if I did replace the PCB it would happen again, or is it as straight forward as replacing the PCB as it has given up?

Any advice appreciated.

Have you checked the fast blow fuse on the board? Good idea to check the 3 amp fuse at the main switch/plug top.

He tried the fuse himself on the mains to the boiler, I have not checked the fast blow fuse.

Have you got power into the boiler E.L.N ? May find fan gone and took PCB with it.

So its best to carry out continuity tests on other components to establish everything is in working order and its either fuse or PCB if nothing else has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
If the overheat thermostat has tripped, it...
Replies
Views
Back