Glow worm easicom 28 leak | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow worm easicom 28 leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
E853C735-937D-4A4E-B4BA-EB0FC84C4879.jpeg 82C26BD3-AD12-49AD-BC35-BC5CF4F4A92A.jpeg
82C26BD3-AD12-49AD-BC35-BC5CF4F4A92A.jpeg
E853C735-937D-4A4E-B4BA-EB0FC84C4879.jpeg
Morning all,

I have a slight leak issue with my combi boiler. I have noticed that there seems to be some water leaking from the bottom of my boiler, when I removed the cover just to see if I could spot the source I noticed there wasn’t really anything obvious until I accessed behind the controls. Looking at the manual of the boiler it appears to be the 3 way valve and what could be the o-ring inside breaking down. I’ve attached some photos to show what I have found. I have an engineer coming out but I wanted to just get some advice and idea of what this may cost?

Yes your diagnosis is correct it will need replacing and will eventually short the motor out a GS engineer needed.Kop

Put the cover back on your boiler and please get a Gas Safe Engineer our. Your case is an integral part to the whole system. Please do not open it again.

Put the cover back on your boiler and please get a Gas Safe Engineer our. Your case is an integral part to the whole system. Please do not open it again.

I have an engineer coming out and I have put the cover back on. I had no intention of actually doing any work to the boiler myself. I am however an engineer in a different trade so didn’t feel undoing two screws to remove the cover to have a look a problem.

I have an engineer coming out and I have put the cover back on. I had no intention of actually doing any work to the boiler myself. I am however an engineer in a different trade so didn’t feel undoing two screws to remove the cover to have a look a problem.
However what you didn’t mention is the seal on the inside of said case which you have now disturbed. Not saying you are not a competent person. Saying you shouldn’t be taking it off. But glad you have an Gas Safe attending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
There's no leaks anywhere above it. The water...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Hi Have a Glow worm Flexicom 30cx-Installed...
Replies
Views
RGI fix only dangerous for untrained and non...
Replies
Views
ah i see what you mean, just need something...
Replies
Views
Back