Glow Worm Fuel Saver MK11 Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm Fuel Saver MK11 Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BOB PEPLOW

Hi
I have an old glow worm boiler which has been regularily serviced. When fired up it is now making a moaning noise as if a fan is faulty. I reaise there is no fan in the boiler but cant think of a better explanation.
Has anyone any ideas of the problem
Bob Peplow

Kettling was a common fault on this boiler, stick some inhibitor into the system; that'll shut it up.

Didn't Fernox do a 'boiler silencer'? Does the noise occur when just the hot water is on? Is your system gravity hot water or fully pumped? Reason I ask is if it's gravity hot water then the noise could be associated with the pump rather than the boiler. Try turning the boiler control thermostat off and see if the noise still occurs. It'll be either temp or mechanical generated. IMHO :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Is the boiler pressure ~ 1.0/1.5bar if a...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
Thanks for this, much appreciated. Andrew
Replies
Views
Back