Glow worm hideaway boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow worm hideaway boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky

Hi all
Got one of the above boilers where upstairs rads gey warm when only calling for hot water. Anyone know about these boilers?

your pipework is at fault last tee should go to domestics in your case it does not thats why your rads are warming up

Hi gas man, from the boiler i have 2 28mm pipes which run directly as far as i know to the cylinder in the airing cupboard. no valves anywhere. is this gravity hot water? now off the top of the boiler i have a pump and 22mm pipe which run i assume to rads? does this sound right? i have only came across systems with 2 or 3 port diverters before. How does this system work and any idea where tee may be? Perhaps under airing cupboard floor?

sound like you have gravity hot water and pumped heating sounds like upstairs rads piped off gravity circuit tees under floor boards some where will get me crayons out in a bit

Thanks gas man it has got me scratching my head. First thought the 28mm pipes were hot water only going straight to cylinder coil but realised they must be rad or heating circuit because the return on coil tees to 15mm pipe up to loft from f and e tank to fill heating circuit.

sorry pc wont upload the file try googleing pumped heating gravity hot water pipe work configuration hope this helps

Hi all, should these boilers have an anti gravity valve fitted to stop the heated cylinder water expanding up the flow past the pump and onto the radiators?

Hi all, should these boilers have an anti gravity valve fitted to stop the heated cylinder water expanding up the flow past the pump and onto the radiators?

Presume you mean a non return valve,was put on some gravity system heating returns however on older systems such as this you may find some oddities

Thanks for the reply puddle, is an anti gravity valve similar to a non return valve and would fitting a non return valve on the return to the boiler solve the problem? I was going to get an anti gravity valve to fit on the heating flow after the pump.

Both are very restrictive and could cause other problems,I would use this problem as a reason to fully update system,making fully pumped with thermostatic control of hot water and heating,work will pay for it self in what they save in gas bills over next few years

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Price can vary dramatically so you'll have to...
Replies
Views
P
The Glow worm is a little less than 50 db, not...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
No taps or showers have been replaced. We did...
Replies
Views
T
Probably best discussed with your installer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back