Glow Worm spacesaver 60 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow Worm spacesaver 60 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sonnagh

Hi I'm wondering if someone can help me, I have a Glow worm spacesaver 60 boiler it provides hot water and services 8 radiators, I have been told that the case for the boiler is damaged therefore making the boiler unsafe! :mad: Would anyone know where I can buy a new case? I have contacted Glow Worm direct they don't make this boiler anymore and told me that I have absolutely no chance of finding one! I'm getting quotes to install a new boiler ( which is the only option if I can't find a case) they are coming in at around £3000! :mad:I would appreciate any help ,Thanks

First questions are:
Who declared it unsafe and in what way is the case damaged?

Hi a pump inside the boiler has been leaking and it dripped onto the casing causing it to rust. I have had 2 people tell me the same thing, first a heating guy from south east gas then a heating company that I have used before and trust. The case is a seal for this type of boiler and so must be intact.Thanks

I would say it sounds like its time or a new boiler I'm afraid. Although I would shop around a bit for a decent price. I'd be amazed if you can find a case for a space saver now.

I wonder if the perforated area could be patch welded.
I recommend that seek advice from the company you trust in this matter. :)

Or alternatively post in this forum for a GSR local to you to take a look.

Hi,
Yes I'm thinking the same thing! The boiler is old about 20 years I think so owes me nothing, its just that it is still working and I could have done without this big expense just now. Thanks for your advice

Hi, no I didn't think of that! I'll look straight away
Thanks

Hi, no I didn't think of that! I'll look straight away
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Price can vary dramatically so you'll have to...
Replies
Views
P
The Glow worm is a little less than 50 db, not...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
T
Probably best discussed with your installer...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back