Glow worm ultracom 18hxi-occasional 100 degrees/boil | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glow worm ultracom 18hxi-occasional 100 degrees/boil in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dibber

Hi everyone

Thought I'd run this problem past you guys in case someone has come across it before. Basically my boiler is heating my tank up fine, but occasionally when the stat is not calling for heat the boiler fires up. Within a few seconds the temperature races up to around the 100 degree mark and then switches off ( and making a bit more noise whilst doing so). The boiler is not showing a fault code. I imagine this is not doing the boiler any good. I guess that an inevitable call to Glow worm is in order.

Thanks for reading

Dave

diverter is stuck or sticking. Think 100degrees may be a bit beyond what I've ever witnessed, Give BG a ring, they'll be cheaper

Or get a local GSR engineer in they will be cheaper than Glowworm or BG.

Or get a local GSR engineer in they will be cheaper than Glowworm or BG.
You say that but where there's expensive parts to fit or heat exchangers etc.. but a hundred and odd quid for a first fix (lol!) wouldn't be a bad deal

glowworm 18hxi f4 Fault - any ideas?

F4 is ignition lockout jayh1969 :welcome: ... Lots of possible causes on that one .... Only thing you can do is make sure you haven't ran out of gas or accidently turned off the main control valve next to the meter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ignore that air pressure sensor 🤦‍♂️
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
system could still be full of sludge
Replies
Views
Just out off manufacturer guarantee. 2 years...
Replies
Views
Please watch where you are posting. This was...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back