gloworm compact 100e boiler problem?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gloworm compact 100e boiler problem?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

glyn ollivant

my compact 100e is causing me problems!!

heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult........i have to open the tap only a little to get any hot water.

investigating this it was found the gas valve [part 801182] was not operating properly.

we are now told it may be the controll board that may be defective???

do we need to buy both components to rectify this problem......or can we pin down the fault to one component & how?? this??

my compact 100e is causing me problems!!

heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult........i have to open the tap only a little to get any hot water.

investigating this it was found the gas valve [part 801182] was not operating properly.

we are now told it may be the controll board that may be defective???

do we need to buy both components to rectify this problem......or can we pin down the fault to one component & how?? this??

who told you that your gsr engineer?:mad: find another as nas has said points towards a diverter issue who ever is faulting your puma is clueless

My Gloworm Compact boiler has the same problem!

My heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult.... just luke warm water can be achieved.

I've had the diverter valve, diaphragm and pc board changed (this is because the pcb was reading low volts reading 24v and the rating should be 24-50v so I'm at the bottom end. I was advised to get another pcb which is fitted -but still has a low volt reading of 26v and has not solved the hot water problem)

Does this mean I have a faulty pcb or could the connections to the pcb be a problem? I also wondered whether the gas valve needed changing as it failing to flare up when the hot water is turned on- or could this be a result of not having power from the pc board?

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

My Gloworm Compact boiler has the same problem!

My heating system is no problem.....getting hot water is proving difficult.... just luke warm water can be achieved.

I've had the diverter valve, diaphragm and pc board changed (this is because the pcb was reading low volts reading 24v and the rating should be 24-50v so I'm at the bottom end. I was advised to get another pcb which is fitted -but still has a low volt reading of 26v and has not solved the hot water problem)

Does this mean I have a faulty pcb or could the connections to the pcb be a problem? I also wondered whether the gas valve needed changing as it failing to flare up when the hot water is turned on- or could this be a result of not having power from the pc board?

Any advice would be gratefully received!!

Who is doing this work,the most likely faulty part only costs a few quid
Get someone in who knows what they are doing,
You are not only replacing parts for the sake of it but then changing new parts,unbelievable
imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
I don't believe moving the manual lever over...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back