Glowworm 24cxi problem - No Central Heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glowworm 24cxi problem - No Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MiddletoM

Hello all,

I have a Glowworm 24cxi Combi boiler, recently british gas carried out a check on it (last month) to see if it was running correctly in order for me to get a landlords certificate. The engineer said everything was running perfectly and at the time he managed to get the heating to work without a problem.

I have spent ages playing with the settings on the boiler and cannot get the central heating to work. Its now october and my house is freezing!

there were issues with the hot water not remaining constantly hot (Went hot and cold) but i increased the water pressure in the boiler by opening the filling loop and that sorted that out.

Nothing has changed with the CH system so in theory it should work if the engineer got it to. I think he put the boiler into maximum mode (not too sure if its called that) which i think made the heating work. Can anyone tell me how to put it back into this mode to check the heating works?

the boiler is currently set on a timer for the heating which does not work, i have tried setting the boiler to constantly and only provide heating and not water but that did not work either. All valves are open apart from the filling loop ones.

Obviously this needs to be fixed because i can barely feel the tips of my fingers as i type. haha so any help given with be extremely appreciated.

thank you

Tom

is there a room stat?

phone the landlord out its not really your problem pal is it? or if your a landlord get a heating engineer out, when he does come out though get him to run through your controls as it will benefit you in the long run. messing about with it is only gonna cause you more problems in the long run.

if so then even more so - get someone out who knows what theyre doing.

ive just re-read it and he says landlord check my house is freezing and then his fingers are dropping off. i still cant tell whether hes living in the house himself or is just there all the time trying to fix it haha

but we can assume he has frostbite LOL back to the op you need to check your roomstat if fitted as said,and check your timer again if fitted failing that call out a gsr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
It has dropped after isolating. Bugger
Replies
Views
I have a weird intermittent problem where my...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back