GlowWorm Condense trap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss GlowWorm Condense trap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Hi folks,

Went to a first service on a glowworm 12hx today, fitted in a cupboard 3cm clearance bottom!!! By-the-bye! How you supose to remove the flippin condensate trap? It has this wonderful see through trap that says twist me to the right.... Twist .... drops about 2cm but need to drop about 8cm to remove ..... So I thinks remove the convenient screw looking straight at me and take the whole thing out! That seemed the way forward except the blinkin condensate pipe was a flexi thing hidden by some boxing and a fridge......! Gave up!

Anyone messed with these and know how you're suppose to take the thing out for cleaning? Honestly they shout "remove me, remove me!" but when you go to try too they're unbelievably awkward!!! Grrrrr

Any tips?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just waking this up :) On the thought of condensate traps, there are few fitted in ease of access despite them filling with muck periodically! :)

Potterton envoy! Why they fitted it behind the fan and not in front baffles me!

Is the envoy the one that the case falls into four pieces the moment you lift it off the boiler? If it is, I HATE that boiler.

what about the Duotec and it's family!!! Unscrew it and cover the custard wall with dirty water !!!!! :banghead:

Hi folks,

Went to a first service on a glowworm 12hx today, fitted in a cupboard 3cm clearance bottom!!! By-the-bye! How you supose to remove the flippin condensate trap? It has this wonderful see through trap that says twist me to the right.... Twist .... drops about 2cm but need to drop about 8cm to remove ..... So I thinks remove the convenient screw looking straight at me and take the whole thing out! That seemed the way forward except the blinkin condensate pipe was a flexi thing hidden by some boxing and a fridge......! Gave up!

Anyone messed with these and know how you're suppose to take the thing out for cleaning? Honestly they shout "remove me, remove me!" but when you go to try too they're unbelievably awkward!!! Grrrrr

Any tips?

I normaly take the side pannel off when doing these, that way you can check for leaks when you put it back together alot more easily. In your case you couldnt, think it still comes out without doing that though.
You cant get the trap out by just turning and pulling down. You need to undo the screw you are talking about and the whole grey bit including see through bit comes away downwards. Then you can just pull the flexi condence pipe off the back off the whole thing. Hope that makes sence

Hi folks,

Any tips?

when you say hx i am assuming its the flexicom boiler with the aluminium heat ex not the ultracom with the stainless one.i tto have serviced a few of these and some traps come out easy but had a few which would catch on parts in the boiler had to force over the trap to get out.on the hxi the trap is on the right with a float i hate removing these i have seen people glue the condense pipe to the trap in this case i just get a funnel and hose or watering can and pour down flue this seems to flush the trap.to be honest do this on all the hxis i service as i hate removing the trap.

ant

when you say hx i am assuming its the flexicom boiler with the aluminium heat ex not the ultracom with the stainless one.i tto have serviced a few of these and some traps come out easy but had a few which would catch on parts in the boiler had to force over the trap to get out.on the hxi the trap is on the right with a float i hate removing these i have seen people glue the condense pipe to the trap in this case i just get a funnel and hose or watering can and pour down flue this seems to flush the trap.to be honest do this on all the hxis i service as i hate removing the trap.

ant

Cheers ant, the unit is only a year old heat only boiler. Condensate is situated front bottom left. It is the flexicom here's the mi's http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/df/00/00/flexicom-hx-instn.pdf Diagram 12.3 ... The instructions lie!! :)

Cheers ant, the unit is only a year old heat only boiler. Condensate is situated front bottom left. It is the flexicom here's the mi's http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/df/00/00/flexicom-hx-instn.pdf Diagram 12.3 ... The instructions lie!! :)

just done one today removed the screw and pulled the whole assy down and out it was tight and as you said the flexi pulled off the back good job i could access the back to refit. next time i am flushing through the flue .why make a quick releas trap if you have to remove the whole assy.

ant

just done one today removed the screw and pulled the whole assy down and out it was tight and as you said the flexi pulled off the back good job i could access the back to refit. next time i am flushing through the flue .why make a quick releas trap if you have to remove the whole assy.

ant

I couldn't get to the condensate flexi at the back. The boiler was fitted in a cupboard above a fridge! I'd undone the screw and dropped the whole unit then realised I'd need access to the connection onto the condensate pipe! Thanks for trying it out and getting back to me though :) The mi's state only to clean out when the visible debris is up to the fill mark! I suggested to the custard that they move the fridge next year prior to me attending :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Not had a reply to my post. Can anyone with...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I will look that up
Replies
Views
Theres nothing so fanciful on these traps...
Replies
Views
Jeff the lonesome
J
Back