glowworm condensing boiler roars | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss glowworm condensing boiler roars in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gordy28

i have a glowworm 30hxi which is 1yr old, in the past few weeks it as started to make a roaring noise, it doesnt do it all the time but now and again, i have been next to the boiler when it does it, it will be getting up to max temp on the boiler when it will roar and the temp will rise rapidly and the temp stat will shut the boiler down, when the boiler starts again it operates normaly,

Needs to be checked by a Gas Safe engineer with an FGA & experience on these boilers, as the burner seals can be an issue, require changing everytime burner is removed.

this is a right racket having to replace a seal every time the combustion cover is opened as some manufacturers recommend

Needs to be checked by a Gas Safe engineer with an FGA & experience on these boilers, as the burner seals can be an issue, require changing everytime burner is removed.

thanks, will arrange that

this is a right racket having to replace a seal every time the combustion cover is opened as some manufacturers recommend
I agree, but better being safe rather than sorry, with over 1000 degrees of heat escaping

yes i agree but i was reading somewhere that a seal costs £20 odd ,hence it is impossible to go and service a boiler and change the parts needed which would double the price of a service,not a happy customer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Time and make a note of how long the boiler is...
Replies
Views
IMO, the boiler should be derated to ~ 20kw...
Replies
Views
Finally (I hope) got to the bottom of this...
2 3
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Its easy to check for a leak, just tie up the...
Replies
Views
Back