Glowworm flue with Vaillant boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glowworm flue with Vaillant boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Anyone use Glowworm flue extensions with a Vaillant boiler?
I had to recently and the Glowworm were half the price!
Am I going to hell, after being struck off GSR

I think the paints a slightly different shade! :willy_nilly:

Last edited:
It's exactly the same parts Jonny, flues, extensions, elbows etc.
Quite a few of us here who use the same merchants do the same.
I've had a Glowie & Vaillant flue extension side by side & there is no difference.
Only thing I'm wary of is that the Vaillant logo is stamped on some of the clamps.

took a vokera flue off a baxi the other day, installer must have been drunk.

Am I completely imagining it or are the glowworm and Vaillant 45° different?

I've had to run a Vaillant flue externally before spoke to Vaillant they were cool with it providing I sealed the clamps with silicone to make them water tight. Needed to do the same with a glow worm last month, thought I'd give them a bell make sure it's ok (was thinking must be as there the same flue) and got an absolute no. Would have to be boxed in water proof be insulated and have inspection hatches. So I say that's a bit strange mate as Vaillant allow it and I'm sure it's the same flue. His reply yea they pretty much are but I guess there's must be made of a better material. Oh do you not use the same manufacturer then....yea he replies. Ok so if I use glow worm parts inside and Vaillant outside surely that'll be ok then? Apparently not that would be cross branding and against the regs even tho it's exactly the same!

Last edited:
from memory, the flues dont have any branding apart from the company the makes them being shown, the branding is on the boxes, and they get thrown out :)

Glow Worm and Vaillant are under the same group of companies. This does not mean that the flue parts are interchangeable. Just phone them and ask.

I have to say I'm not really sure why it's up for debate. I was always taught that boiler parts are not interchangeable

both their flues are crap i think there is a better metal composition in a pack of Rizlas

I have to say I'm not really sure why it's up for debate. I was always taught that boiler parts are not interchangeable
There are spares available that fit both Vaillant and Glowworm, why not the flues?

Glow Worm and Vaillant are under the same group of companies. This does not mean that the flue parts are interchangeable. Just phone them and ask.

I think we know the answer without ringing, from a safety point of view I can't see the logic as they are made from the same materials, probably in the same factory, just badged up different
Not happy paying double the price for a Vaillant ext

There are spares available that fit both Vaillant and Glowworm, why not the flues?
Agreed but you get people that then start using stuff between other brands. It's surprising what people will try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks a lot for your help
Replies
Views
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
R
As per @Murdoch. Were the programmer and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
The electrics are getting sorted Wednesday...
Replies
Views
Nope you can’t keep the flue, as the flue...
Replies
Views
Back