Glowworm Micron 30FF - fan or APS issue | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glowworm Micron 30FF - fan or APS issue in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

C

captainnonsense

Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but...

It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice?

I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills is not in good condition. But right now money is really tight and anything I can do to get a few more weeks or months from the current system would be worth considering.

Having gone through the manual's trouble shooting, the LEDs indicate Fan/APS issue. The unit sounds like it powers up when I switch the hot water or heating setting om (there is a quiet but audible sound coming from the unit), but no hot water goes to tank or radiators. The boiler gets very mildly warm to the touch, which I assume is just the pilot light, as it can get much hotter.

Prior to this issue, for about a year it was rattling very loud - more audible outside the flat than inside though.

I know I should have dealt with this long ago, but the cost has been prohibitive for me.

I am not a DIY expert by any means but is there anything I can do myself to get the unit running again, even for a few days or weeks while I look into replacement options and try to beg borrow and steal the money!? It's pretty cold out there right now!

thanks so much!

Similar plumbing topics

Price can vary dramatically so you'll have to...
Replies
Views
I’ll make one, it’s basically only two bits of...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun, Would that indicate a conking...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Hi ShaunCorbs, thanks for the reply. The pump...
Replies
Views
Back