Glowworm Micron boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glowworm Micron boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dirtydog

Hi, 1st post on this forum and it's a help post!

Here's the situation I have a glowworm micron 70ff boiler and a couple of weeks ago it packed up. This is what happened...

There was a pop from the kitchen (where the boiler is) and the consumer board tripped out, I reset it and couldn't find why it tripped. Next there was no hot water so thought the boiler would need resetting again as it kept over heating. There was no power getting to it so changed the fuse in the switched spur and still nothing! Checked the internal fuse on the boiler and that was fine too. My intial thought is that the PCB is knackered, what's peoples thoughts? I haven't had much to do with boilers yet as most of my work at the moment is fitting bathrooms.

is their power to the rest of the controls or is it just the boiler with no power.

>would need resetting again as it kept over heating

how can it keep overheating if theses no power.

one of the first things to check is the pump.

Just seems to be the boiler with no power, although i haven't checked the pump for power, the programmer is working so would seem to have power up to the main junction box

The overheating issue was happening before it died

When it kept overheating we had just the HW on and the DH off

Last edited by a moderator:
There were issues with the PCBs going on Microns but I'd suggest that you get someone in to have a look at it before splashing out.

Mike

There were issues with the PCBs going on Microns but I'd suggest that you get someone in to have a look at it before splashing out.

Mike

Thanks for the advice Mike but i'm training as a plumber and should be doing my Corgi registration soon so would like to sort this myself and am just trying to get an idea if i'm right about it being the PCB

Right a bit more info now, this evening i've checked the fan in the boiler to make sure it isn't jammed and it's spinning freely i've also had the head off the pump and that is turning nicely as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Did you check that the valve opens when the...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
If that is the case mate. Are you a...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
Back