Glw Worm 30sxi problem | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Glw Worm 30sxi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Macca9

Hi, I was loosing pressure on my 30sxi boiler and it was cutting out, every time I added water and pressurized it it would lasted for a day or so and lost pressure and cut out again. I'm quite handy at DIY and saw a thread saying that it was probably a faulty PRV and when I check the drain pipe on the outside wall it was constantly dripping so I bought the part and replaced it yesterday, but when I turned all the feeds back on and switched the boiler on it made some loud gurgling noise like a lot of air and tripped out with an F5 fault code! I googled it and saw that it mean I needed to re set the red overheating switch for this which I found and did and although a bit noisy to start with it all started working and no dripping from the outside pipe attached to the PRV. Now, the issue is that this morning it had all tripped out again and was showing 0.0 Bar of pressure, I re filled to 1.5 Bar and it all started working I checked all rads and two of them needed bleeding quite a bit, the pressure was then lost quite quickly and I re pressured with water back to 1.5 Bar but I took a look at the outside pipe and its now dripping a lot even to the extent of a small constant trickle! and it took the boiler back to cutting out and showing 0.0 Bar.

So is the PVR releasing water again due to air in the system or would it be something else?? any help advise would be much appreciated

Stop messing around with something that you haven't got a clue about. Diy handy or not, you are neither deemed competent nor qualified to remove the case from the boiler.

Turn the thing off and call in a gsr.

Job 38.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
I would set the internal bypass to its max...
Replies
Views
Baxi Neta-tec
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, I have this as well. I called a plumber...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Back