Going commercial? | Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Going commercial? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Currently only work on domestic.

Got a job replacing light commercial boiler in domestic premises.

Though it would be good to get my commercial ticket so I can do the work.

Questions:

I'm paying £760 for ;

CODCN01
CIGA1
lCPN1
TPCP1A

is this a good price? It's in London.

Also, how much harder is this course compared to the domestic?

Can anyone recommend any books?

Thanks for responses!

Unless you're going to be doing commercial a lot wouldn't it be cheaper and a lot less hassle to get a commercial guy in for a day to work alongside you?

It's not just the cost of the course, it's the loss of earnings whilst you're on it.

I got my commercial ticket last year and it's very hard to break into as a small firm. I've earned more money helping guys in your situation than I have doing straight commercial work in my own right..

Oh, and there's a lot more maths involved!

Unless you're going to be doing commercial a lot wouldn't it be cheaper and a lot less hassle to get a commercial guy in for a day to work alongside you?

It's not just the cost of the course, it's the loss of earnings whilst you're on it.

I got my commercial ticket last year and it's very hard to break into as a small firm. I've earned more money helping guys in your situation than I have doing straight commercial work in my own right..

Oh, and there's a lot more maths involved!

Thanks for reply. Just the sort of response I was Looking for. Know what your saying about getting someone in..would be much easier. It's just I thought maybe it would be a strength to my bow. Not sure how much I would be doing but would definitely have at least 3 heating jobs this winter which would be decent earners.

They were trying to charge me £1397 + vat initially so thought I'd got a good price too.

also the course is 5 days and was planning on getting my van sorted in that time. Im not sure TBH but the extra maths is a definite turn off!!

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I agree. (I hold domestic, commercial and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
We just charge it by the hour like everything...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Friend of mine works at an ACS centre and it’s...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Cut my teeth on threading 2"+ tbh will try and...
Replies
Views
Back