going to work on london whats it like?? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss going to work on london whats it like?? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

mark_mc

im starting a new job and am from northern ireland but the work is in london

just wondering what it is like for getting plumbing materials on site and the security on sites and i am for taking my own tools etc.

im getting tool insurance sorted at the minute as the drills are very expensive HILTI's so dont want to get them stolen.
only working on small jobs such as shop refits etc so hopefully the bad eggs will be a min. i hate those who steal others tools.

Make sure you're boots are done up tight cause the thieving bar stewards will pinch them while you're wearing them, getting materials to site will be an absolute nightmare and the security will be a bunch of arrogant thieving sods you'll probably get turned over for youre wages by main contractor/agency apart from that you'll be fine.

tools from the van straight to the point of use and then straight back without to many people seeing what tools you are shifting specially HILTI's

keep eyes open and you will be ok , dont panic

van vault is a must and dont park to far from the job

hope everything goes well , never never leave them even if you pop out for a tee make sure there is some one keeping eye on them

tool insurance is a good thing , but it will only caver you if tools get nicked from site,van,house,office and there is a sign of some one braking in

the drills are very expensive HILTI's so dont want to get them stolen.

Leave them in the house and buy cheapies. They will "walk".
As Safegas said get a van vault and only take out what you are using and put it back when you are done.
Get a decent tool belt. It is surprising how little tools you actually need for general stuff.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Alex, I am a self employed engineer and...
Replies
Views
Neil Ambrose
N
You can PM them via clicking this link...
Replies
Views
A
Small family business based in Kent, looking...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Back