Good Afternoon, some advice on waste fittings would be much appreciated. | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Good Afternoon, some advice on waste fittings would be much appreciated. in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Good Afternoon,

As you may guess in the following message, I am by no means a plumber.

My colleague has specifically requested a solvent version of a 110mm 135 Degree waste union to finish a part of a project. I have been having difficulties finding it though. I have found this type of unit that has one side that is more like a compression fitting with a rubber ring but he refused. I wondered mainly about the difference if any, between the two, and what the overall benefits are for each.

I have done some amount of limited research but wanted to hear it from a professional. Personally, I do not see an issue with using the fitting with a rubber flange, they are designed for something right? that's my logic at least. Am I wrong?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
Rhys

Never heard of it

sure they don’t mean a tee boss ?

street 45 into the top
Thanks for the reply,
I think its labelled as a 45 degree on most websites. I don't know why, the angle is definitely 135 degree. Does that help?

Best to let him get what he wants

I think you just mean a 45deg coupler.
Called 135 by some.
These are available in solvent weld as double socket or socket/spigot. You just need to go to a proper plumber’s merchant - not a diy place.

We call it a 45, ‘cos that’s how much it throws you off from a straight line.

I think you just mean a 45deg coupler.
Called 135 by some.
These are available in solvent weld as double socket or socket/spigot. You just need to go to a proper plumber’s merchant - not a diy place.

We call it a 45, ‘cos that’s how much it throws you off from a straight line.
Ah, of course, that makes sense.

I have found a company that can provide what he has requested.

Thank you all for your help.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks both! Was about to ask whether it would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No need to fit another just run a small bead...
Replies
Views
I take it that there was nothing there...
Replies
Views
Back