Good reliable side-entry valves | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Good reliable side-entry valves in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

I am SO fed up with failing side-entry valves on toilet cisterns and water tanks. They've all been engineered down to something as flimsy as a milk carton, and they seem to last no time at all and start leaking. I'd happily pay more for a good quality one - but not twice as much for the same valve from the same Chinese factory that someone is marking up more.
Anyone recommend a good make or source ? Or is there a common failure mode that can be fixed on them ? I've tried the dismantle/clean route but that doesn't seem to fix things. Same problem with internal flush valves in Grohe toilets. Everything's disposable these days (I imagine there's a thread on that somewhere). Rant, rant.
Richard

I'm fairly sure VIVA is not a UK manufacturer. May have a UK office though.

I like the Torbeck Ecofil - solid Fluidmaster exterior with Torbeck mechanism (cheap and easy to obtain replacement washer when it needs one), but then we all have our favourites. Or a BS1212, Part 2 ballcock (if it fits). Avoid the Armitage Shanks fill valves.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would personally cut that air jec out and...
Replies
Views
Back