Grant Euroflame Oil boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grant Euroflame Oil boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hi i hope someone can help, a couple weeks ago boiler was not staying on so i thought i would check rads and i bled them and it fired up and was working for a couple of weeks. Now it fires up and cuts out after about 5 mins. I changed the 2 port valve as pretty much every year this fails. Still doing the same, ive checked the pump and it seems to be turning. Any ideas?? Really could do with some help.

Pump sounds like overheating

The boiler cuts out...not sure if the burner locks out :(
If the burner was locking out you would have to press the manual reset button on the control box every time to initiate a start/run sequence. You haven’t mentioned you doing that therefore the problem isn’t the burner. Could be on the controls elsewhere on the system or the pump as mentioned above.

If the pump is struggling or failed altogether your boiler primary flow will feel very hot and I’d expect a large ΔT across the boiler.
Of course it might not be the pump. Perhaps there’s a problem on the controls side like I said, or maybe even a loose neutral somewhere.

Similar plumbing topics

Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
Yes everything worked fine before. Is there a...
Replies
Views
Z
Need more details. What boiler, what burner...
Replies
Views
G
If its not producing heat then it's not firing...
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back