Grant Oil Boiler Firing, stopping firing etc? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grant Oil Boiler Firing, stopping firing etc? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I serviced an oil boiler the other day that hadn't been done for over 6 years! When trying to take an Analyser reading I found that the burner seemed to be firing for 20 secs then stopping for about 10, firing then stopping continually through the same cycle although the fan was continually running? The boiler is a grant multipass 50/70 utilising a balanced flue. Anybody got any ideas of the possible cause?:confused:

cheers Jim

Hi

I am experiencing a very similiar issue with a grant Vortex 26kw external condensing combi oil boiler which is only 18 months old and this only happens at roughly 05:30am when it is due to come on. Same conditions - fires up, stops, the fan is continueally running.

When the customer gets up. They turn off the system, waits 5 mins, turns it on again and this time it works fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?
regards

Paul

Check for water in the oil or more likely icing of the water in the oil particularly at the tank outlet valve/filter which blocks off the oil supply. I know what you are thinking that oil doesn't freeze but the water in the oil does!

Also may be the sludging of the oil due to the oil bacteria/bug when it also blocks the outlet filter.

Thats a very good point. I should know this, given I fly planes and the first thing we check for is water in the fuel.

Thanks

Paul :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If the boiler is connected to a conventional...
Replies
Views
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
Was the oil pressure checked before replacing...
Replies
Views
Wondering if the Pump is up to scratch?... 10m?
Replies
Views
All sorted now and running better than ever...
Replies
Views
Back