Grant Vortex Blue no power to CH pump | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grant Vortex Blue no power to CH pump in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

I have an issue with my Grant Vortex internal combi boiler. Specifically the electrical side. Everything was working fine (with a dual channel Hive system) but then the central hearing stopped working. When looking it seemed like there were a number of loose contacts as when we moved the cable the pump powered up. Now however the pump isn’t receiving any power at all, when testing across the connections on the pcb there is no voltage there at all.

Could the pcb have been shorted? I swapped the connections for the hot water side and the central heating side and was able to power the pump.

Any ideas why I’m getting no volts across the CH pump side of the pcb?

Thanks

Have you have checked there is a live feed to board to the heating terminal 19 and if so a feed out to heating pump on terminal 6 ?
Is the heating switch on boiler in correct position
If board is suspected talk to Grant technical they will walk you through tests necessary.
They really are excellent in stark contrast to some other oil boiler manufacturers.
We have changed one or two boards nearer always caused by spilled water fron heating pump.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes it was the non return valve on the bottom...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am after some advice regarding an...
Replies
Views
B
Get someone in who is both competent and...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
B
Probably best to ring the technical team...
Replies
Views
F
sorry fuzzy you can use the earth wire for...
Replies
Views
uug197h
U
Back