Grant Vortex combi boiler problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grant Vortex combi boiler problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daddles

Hi, I have a Grant Vortex 26e internal oil fired combi condensing boiler and the pressure keeps dropping to zero.
When I top up to 1bar and run for a while, the pressure gauge goes up to 2+ bar. Whether I release the pressure back down to 1bar or not, the pressure gauge eventually goes back down to zero.
A heating engineer suggested it was a faulty expansion vessel which I reolaced but the problem hasn't gone away
Someone said it could be the pressure relief valve but I dont see how this would cause the pressure to keep going up once it's set to 1bar.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Did you check the expansion vessel before replacing?

Gets expensive chucking parts at something when you dont know what you are doing.

Rather than listening to suggestions get somebody out who knows what they are doing.

Your response and understanding of how the pressure relief valve not being at fault shows you need to get a Oftec engineer in.

Probably could have been fixed using free materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
Will try to upload pic again
Replies
Views
The bottom one
Replies
Views
Back