Gravity Fed Hot Water System | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gravity Fed Hot Water System in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

K

Kirk Sherratt

Hi all,

Hope this is in the right section but I have a question about my baxi Bermuda back boiler gravity Fed system.
Could anybody tell me why when I have just the hot water on the upstairs radiators are always on? It also does this if the heating is on but below the temp on the thermostat. So in effect the pump is not running as it doesn't need to for the hot water or when the heating is below the set temperature.
It's really annoying as what's the point in wanting to regulate your heating with a thermostat because when it hits temperature it's only the downstairs radiators that play ball?
The options I have on my system are Hot water or Hot water and central heating.
I hope that came across right??

Any help massively appreciated!!!

Hello Kirk. Has it always worked like that?
One possibility if it always heated upstairs radiators, is the radiator circuit has incorrectly been piped in a gravity type of pipe work to upstairs. Get a heating engineer to check it over

Its a pretty old boiler and with gravity hot water to cylinder, your upstairs rads might also be able to get warm through gravity. IE without pump on. You could change pipework but it might be more cost effective to upgrade to a more efficient boiler.

It was just a quick over view with information given, Changing from a back boiler to lets say a combi or systems boiler, would alleviate the problem of any transferred heat to your central heating system when you were calling for hot water only.

Your boiler possibly has the flow to upstairs rads just rising out of boiler.
I am not gas qualified, but I am sure the advice would be go for a new wall mounted boiler with all modern controls for efficiency and comfort

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks John I had already bought two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Ben-Gee - thats a good idea! But...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
N
  • Question
I believe most kitchens come with a clause...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back