Gravity fed radiator | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gravity fed radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

James rd

About 20 years ago I had a Rayburn coal fire back burner installed that fed radiators throughout the house. I believe as it's a coal fire, a gravity fed radiator was installed on the hot water supply to the spiral coil that's inside the hot water tank. I think this was in case excessive heat built up from the coal fire as a safety measure, it would warm the gravity fed radiator. Then a few years ago, the coal fire was replaced by a floor standing oil fed burner. The gravity fed radiator is in a small bedroom and never gets hot since the oil burner has been installed.

Therefore, the question is, can I do away with the gravity fed radiator and put that on the same pipe work as the other radiators in the house, or do I have to change anything else to make it safe?

Thanks for your help

Was system converted to fully pumped or is your hot water tank still on gravity system ??

No, all the oil burner was a strength swop for the coal back burner none of the pipe work was change

Yes I sill have the hot tank. Nothing was changed on only the coal fire to a oil burner

Nothing of the pipe work was change, the hot tank is still on the gravity system. The only thing that was change was the coal back burner for a oil boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks John I had already bought two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That's great - thank you
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or if mains is very poor; but in a 75 gallon...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
As to how OP “finds your man” - word of mouth...
Replies
Views
Back