Gravity Fed system in Bungalow with two Automatic Air Vents | Air Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gravity Fed system in Bungalow with two Automatic Air Vents in the Air Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow.

I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed systems requiring an AAV, unless in a bungalow to aid bleeding on first fill?

One AAV is in the loft on - what I think - is the boiler return pipe, and the other fitted to the coil feeding the hot water tank. Both are leaking as they’ve been in situ for over 20 years.

Would it be prudent to replace both AAV’s so when I refill it helps bleed the system, or leave them off completely?

Similar plumbing topics

Yep, that's what I meant (as per attached...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hope the system is back to normal, just a bit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Whoever did the underfloor has totally shafted...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take the advice of whoever actually is there...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have you actually bled the air from the...
Replies
Views
Back