Gravity Hot Water Issue | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gravity Hot Water Issue in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello All,

I have an issue with a customers system. Gravity HW, pumped CH (pump on return). Combined feed and vent. Boiler is a Potterton Kingfisher MF, only HW control is a TRV linked to a sensor on the cylinder (tapstat?). The cylinder also has a solar coil fed by collectors on the roof.

It's intermittent, but becoming more frequent. With HW demand, after about 20 minutes the system begins to overheat, quite noisy and much air. Much noise is accompanied by hot water 'pumping' over and the bottle vent I installed on the cylinder flow hissing air. This cycle continues until the boiler locks out. I am suspecting a blockage, would I be right? The combined feed/vent enters the system on the flow quite close to the cylinder. There is a towel rad on this circuit, presumably a heat sink, and it gets very hot and noisy.

I had considered upgrading the whole system to fully pumped with full controls, but for various reasons this is not a simple solution, so more of a last resort.

Any input gratefully received.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's great - thank you
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
Everything working fine on PP mode - thanks...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah will deffo try I’ve got a strong magnet...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
Back