gravity hw cylinder | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss gravity hw cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
just quick one here :

have job to price is a bb with gravity hot water . have ripped out many but never had to change a cylinder ! well this job is to change cylinder only as customer is not willing to upgrade everything ! reason for cylinder change is that is leaking really badly from flow connection to cylinder .

my Q;as pipe work is 28mm do I have to try and find a cylinder with 28mm connection ends or 22 mm will do just as good ?

My guts are telling me that it will have to be 28mm connection as coil will be larger .

thank you for your time :)

stan

All cylinder coils come as 28mm. Join on with the existing female or use a new one if you like.

I assume the 28mm is because its just gravity and not fully pumped.
I would just change like for like.

make sure you specify its for gravity there are cylinders out there that are pump onlymost of the stainless ones ive seem state pump onlyalso with a back boiler you have to fit a resetable overheat stat to the cylinder if the boiler only has one stat which is the case for most back boilers

as mentioned make sure the cylinder can cope with gravity, plenty of cylinders with small/hi recovery type coils wont work very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

T
Get an acv cylinder. Great for boiler and work...
Replies
Views
As I have said a million times, it ain't the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You've fecked up, it's not the way to do it...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back