Gravity or mains shower? | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gravity or mains shower? in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

S

Stuart99

I have a dead 1990s Triton T70 shower and, for purposes of replacement, I'd like to know if it's mains or gravity fed. As it won't even switch on, I cannot get any water out of it so I can't just switch off water at mains and see if water still flows from the shower. I note that current Triton T70 showers are mains fed but dare I assume that the same is true of 1990s models? Are there any other ways of telling whether it is gravity or mains fed?

Thank you.

Fairly sure its mains fed. Isolate at the fuse board and remove the cover, if you see a smll pump with lots of carbon dust inside the cover its a pumped shower, also, very important to note the power in kw, it will be written somewhere inside.

Upvote 0
There should be a letter(s) after the 'T70' to get the precise model then use this:

to find a replacement.

(ISTR that T70 were/are mains fed and T90 were/are gravity with built in pump but best to double check.)

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

G
  • Question
I would recommend a Mira event, (integral...
Replies
Views
Shep the plumber
S
  • Question
You say you have multiple showers. Have you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Or if mains is very poor; but in a 75 gallon...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Maryplumb, I didn’t know it had to have...
Replies
Views
Back