Green gunk in shower head | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Green gunk in shower head in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

U

Unregistered

Hello, I am wondering if you can help! We have a square rainfall shower head and there is a green gunk forming where the connection from the arm to the actual shower head is, which is causing the shower to stop working. I understand this may be a build up of limescale etc. but I rigorously clean the shower head itself, I am concerned the residue is coming from the pipe, could this be the case? If so, how do we rectify it? Please see the pictures I have included.

For info, we have an old style immersion tank if this makes any difference. The whole bathroom is virtually brand new but as soon as I unblock it the gunk returns.

Read more: Green gunk in shower head connection | DIYnot Forums

looks some what like flux normally lime-scale is hard

is it soft or hard?

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

S
  • Question
No photo shown. It is usual to apply ptfe tape...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks Timmy. That does seem to be the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
1. Very much depends how the shower arm is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Shaun & Basher Thank you to you al you...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You are confusing pressure and flow. Your...
Replies
Views
Back