Greendeal Boiler Swaps | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Greendeal Boiler Swaps in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aligorgon

Have any of you guys had any involvement with the green deal boiler swaps in social housing?

As far as I am aware they are 'straight swaps' and they want self employed GS engineers to one boiler per day for a set figure. Tbh it sounds a bit too good too be true, so hence my wondering if anyone had any experience of these deals..

Have any of you guys had any involvement with the green deal boiler swaps in social housing?

As far as I am aware they are 'straight swaps' and they want self employed GS engineers to one boiler per day for a set figure. Tbh it sounds a bit too good too be true, so hence my wondering if anyone had any experience of these deals..

What company in wha area?

I have recently gone self employed and am struggling at present, so I have applied for the north east/n. yorkshire. The company is Greener Marketing.

I heard about something similar to this scheme from the national energy saving trust or something like that. But I'm sure if for energy providers because the charge a slightly higher price for the energy of something off that sort.

Its not as dodgy as it sounds. The energy companies have to pay such large tax bills that the government let them spend a bit of the tax money changing boiler, fitting insulation etc. It looks like they're helping people save money by being more energy efficient, but really they're just saving money paying it to the tax man. They also get a way in to peoples homes to advertise, etc. Its all legit at our end. Just how the money gets there is a bit like back hand deals. That's how we understood it when I worked at e.on anyway.

ah ok well I don't want to put up the rates on here but by my reckoning if I am accepted I should be earning really good money for a minimum of effort (by that i mean not having to advertise, quote for timewasters, etc)

I didn't want to be going out there working my butt off to get 5 boiler swaps a week done then find out I am not going to get paid.

There's always going to be risks when you work self employed though. You just have to take them, but reduce them as much as you can. Are they paying you weekly?

Carrillion rung me today asking would i be interested in working with them, doing boiler swaps in my area they said they got my number from my website, ive got my pas 2030 inspection on the 9th april so i cant do anything till i have that.

It could be the Eco scheme what your talking about.
where the recipient has to be on certain benefits to receive a free boiler if there's is broken or inefficient.

Yes it is but i wanted to know if anybody had ever worked on the scheme..

You have to do one boiler a day, and its supposed to be a straight swap although I imagine there will be the condensate to put in...

If someone has experience of working on these schemes it would be nice to know a few things..

Eg do the organising companies do a survey of each premises and check gas pressure etc or is that left to the installer to check and then have to sort out if there are any issues... In which case a supposed one day job could quite easily turn into a 2day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No problem. Nice to be thanked and appreciated...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Just happened to be rummaging around on the...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Back