greenstar 30cdi fan noise? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss greenstar 30cdi fan noise? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squarepeg

Hi all

I am a qualified electrical and mechanical engineer but not gas safe so used an 'old school' but very clever plumber for the gas part of my boiler installation and subsequent servicing. My greenstar 30cdi conventional has been installed and running fine for over 3 years but I have just started to become aware of increased fan noise when it is modulating at low speed (it's in the kitchen so hear it all the time). Have spoken to worcester bosch technical and we have checked all the things they suggested, fan pressure OK at -5.17, inlet gas pressure OK, co2 levels within spec. Phoned technical back and they said it might be the 'bearing plate' (aka fan diaphragm) or maybe a new fan. My question is 'has anyone changed one of these bearing plates or the fan on this or similar boiler and if so why - and did it cure the problem?' Another question regarding the setting of the gas/air ratio which we will have to do if we replace these parts - the adjustment points on the gas valve in the manual bear no relationship whatsoever to the actual gas valve as far as we can see - the procedure appears totally ambiguous and refers to adjustments 'B' and 'C' but does not specify exactly where they are. Have we got a different valve, perhaps. Any help greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Looking at those working gas pressures and the...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
I have exactly the same problem! Is there a...
Replies
Views
Mrloaf
M
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello John yes, that’s right pressure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the suggestion... The...
Replies
Views
Back