greenstar 30si boiler too high pressure | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss greenstar 30si boiler too high pressure in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oztraxed

Hi all, how are you? Name's Ed, and I have a self made problem I wondered if you guys can help me with. My boiler's 3 years old, past warrenty free service etc, and normally all I ever have to do is increase the pressure a bit til 1.2 or 1.5.

But tonight wasn't paying attention and got it into the red. Simple question i am sure, how do I decrease it again please? Looked everywhere on the net and all they show is how to increase it, but no one else sees to have made my mistake of putting it too high!!

help!!!

don't want my boiler to blow a gasket/fuse or whatever it does, I have turned the central heating off just in case, and it's getting cold!!

thanks

Ed

Ed, look for a drain point in your system, and let a little water out. You won't need to let much out as water doesn't compress, and thus it takes very little to lose quite a bit of pressure on the guage.

Don't panic about the boiler blowing up. It is fitted with a pressure relief valve, which will automatically eject water from the rear of the boiler to outside, should the pressure in the system get too high.

Don't rely on this though, and drain a little from a drain off point.

Or

Get a old towel and vent one of the rads until system pressure falls to required level

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for one of these by a radiator tail. Or any where in the system. Use a spanner on the square head and with a tub, catch some of the water. There are other options if you can't find one of these. imagesCABMHZ85.jpg

Guys thanks!!! What a doofus i am!!! I opened one of the bleed values on a rad, and pressure dropped! So simple, well it is once someone tells ya!!!

Didn't see anything obvious by the boiler which was why I did the rad. I feel such an idiot!! thanks for the prompt and reassuring answers!!!

Merry Xmas to all!!!

:)

Re: greenstar 30si boiler too high pressure - but with a slight difference

Hi,

This is a similar question to Ed’s of two years ago!

Only difference is that when I overpressurised the boiler it went to just over 2 bar, so still in the green zone.

We had a Parkray system replaced with this combi boiler only last August. My gut instinct is just to leave this alone.
But is that safe and sensible? Is there good reason to get it back down now into the 1.0 to 1.5 bar range?

Grateful for any comments and advice on this.

Cheers

Paul

It's better if you release a bit of pressure. Do this when the system is cold.

Re: greenstar 30si boiler too high pressure - but with a slight difference

Hi croppie,

Cheers for this advice. I'll give bleeding a radiator a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The filling loop maybe in the old airing...
Replies
Views
R
thank you engineer coming at the weekend
Replies
Views
Rod4444
R
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
The two red valves with brass caps on eg the...
Replies
Views
There is an expansion vessel that is supposed...
Replies
Views
Back