Greenstar question. | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Greenstar question. in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hello All.
I have a question about the DHW temperature setting of a Greenstar 30i ErP. It seems to be set for a maximum of 60C. A safety measure, I know, but is there any way to set it higher? 65 or 70, like the good old days.
The service manual implies not, but perhaps there is a secret menu??

Nope may I ask why you need it hotter than 60dc as these days most things reduce the temp eg showers etc

The DHW max temperature is limited to 60 degrees across the range of Worcester Combis. It is controlled through the PCB, so it can be adjusted ( by remapping the chip with an Eprom reader / writer ) - but not by any of the user or service engineer access levels published by Worcester.

DHW temperature is a User safety critical issue, it is unlikely that there is an easy work around to increase it, without reprogramming the chip.

The above is the theory, even if reprogrammed to say 70 degrees the secondary heat exchanger would require a high cold inflow temperature to deliver that (70 degrees C) at a decent flow rate.

If you want DHW at a higher temperature than 60 degrees C the easiest way is through a vented or unvented cylinder.

Last edited:
The DHW max temperature is limited to 60 degrees across the range of Worcester Combis. It is controlled through the PCB, so it can be adjusted ( by remapping the chip with an Eprom reader / writer ) - but not by any of the user or service engineer access levels published by Worcester.

DHW temperature is a User safety critical issue, it is unlikely that there is an easy work around to increase it, without reprogramming the chip.

The above is the theory, even if reprogrammed to say 70 degrees the secondary heat exchanger would require a high cold inflow temperature to deliver that (70 degrees C) at a decent flow rate.

If you want DHW at a higher temperature than 60 degrees C the easiest way is through a vented or unvented cylinder.

or even easier as it’s for shaving a kettle

Thanks Brambles.
I thought that might be the case. The op manual actually has a picture of 63C being set, but that is the deadly practice of a few months back. No doubt the next generation will be maxed at 55C.
Cheers.

My question is very specific. The boiler is programmed for a max temperature of 60C. Can this be changed? By a proper engineer, if necessary, but can it be done?
It was specific but I was asking if you are getting the maximum possible at the basin or are you just getting a 35degree temp increase.
By reducing the flow you can increase the temperature.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks very much for your help.
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
I believe Shaun is thinking you may have a...
Replies
Views
If the op has the newer colour display model...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Back