Greywater Harvest rig from washing machine. | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Greywater Harvest rig from washing machine. in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Some background info;

Want to have a washing machine in the utility room, however, no soil pipe or drains near the utility room. there are doors in between the run to the kitchen sink or the W.C

I came up with an idea and want to see if any experienced plumbers can give me some tips on regs and if it will work;

I was thinking of running the washing machine waste outside the property straight into a water butt as a way of having stored water for the garden. Obviously if the stored water doesn't get used it will overflow so i was thinking of using a pump system, just a generic pond pump to route to the nearest trap which is under the sink. this would be set to pump away the water when it reaches a certain level in the butt, also deals with the issue of needing a fall on the waste as it will be able to pump it so can run above the doors etc.

if any one with experience could let me know if this will work? if it conforms to the water Regs? and maybe some tips on installation if possible.

thanks,

- Josh

Google Dab pumps for the Novabox. I have an unused one here going cheap if it`s any use to you. Easy to install and clean out yourself when needed.

I wouldn't use my washing machine waste water for anything. Too much detergent to be useful. Would most likely keep ruining toilet flush aswell. Look into using a saniflo/macerator for the job. And pump into a waste in bathroom above.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Mike, this is where our washing machine is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When speedfit came out they one made that type...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That might be the task of the other three butts
Replies
Views
Back