Grohe flush valve issue | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grohe flush valve issue in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I have replaced the sealing washer to a Grohe Adagio flushvalve (42137) as water was constantly leaking from the concealed cistern. It now is holding the water fine but there is a problem with the flush itself, which was not a problem previously. Flushing requires two or three presses (of the pneumatic button). The video shows that the bellows at the flush end has difficulty connecting with the valve. It is as if the flushvalve tube has ‘lost’ a couple of millimetres since reassembling. Is there some adjustment on the valve that I have simply not twigged?

Thanks for any advice guys. :)

Are the hoses tight might be worth using a cable tie just as a safe measure

Shaun: The hoses are pretty tight actually. Nonetheless, I will return armed with said cable-ties - these could be well-worth having around. Thanks.

Ben-gee: I think you have spotted the flaw in the setup. That said, the cradle is difficult to properly clip into place as a lot of the inside of the cistern is caked in scale. I will spend a bit of time using a wire brush and some Vikal to shift it. Hopefully this will make a difference and I will hear the sound of cradle clunking into place. Gratters.
:)

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You might check whether the flush button is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you guys Think I need to get the plumber...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks - I've reseated the bellows and problem...
Replies
Views
I posted about one of these a while back. Did...
Replies
Views
You are quite right, JC. Thanks for this. Also...
Replies
Views
Back