Gross and Net. Latent heat? Head scratcher | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gross and Net. Latent heat? Head scratcher in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Hi,

Was having a read the other night and "the penny dropped" Not sure if I'm right though.

Example: If I gas rate an appliance say an old combi boiler I get a gas rate in Gross which I then have to convert to Net because of latent heat (Something like 11% of heat is lost in flue gases)

My question is? If I gas rate an new condensing boiler which uses the latent heat in turn (condensing) and releasing water vapor out the flue do I have to covert from gross - net ?????

What would the MI's give the output of the new boiler in, Net or Gross Hobo ?? back to the books, LOL

Last edited:
I thought if the data badge doesn't say gross or net you assume gross then convert to net the new boilers give you it in gross and net on the technical data sheet on installation Manual

No data badge says gross, old appliances simply state a figure for HI, when they changed they way they calculated it to fall into line with the way the Central Europeans did it they had to let us know what was badged under the new scheme, so the listed the new ones as HI ??kw nett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If you mean the fuel input then that is the...
Replies
Views
The percentage should be in your book. It is...
Replies
Views
Agree with shaun. But if you want to have net...
Replies
Views
Old Account
O
Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back