Ground Water Leak Detection | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ground Water Leak Detection in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Only posting this in the private forums as it's not very interesting to
the general public...

My brother called me today in a panic as he was knee deep in a cellar with water bleeding out the walls and seeping from the floor. Said cellar is about 14' below ground level and the water is fresh and clear. His question to me was "Do you know how to detect where the leak is coming from?"

In all honesty I haven't a clue as the only leak detection equipment I've seen in action is United Utilities tracing an underground leak where no water leak was evident, only that the householder was using about half a million litres per year.

Does anyone know what technology or blatantly obvious tool is out there that can detect the source of this leak? Water is visible and obvious but what method exists to tell where it's coming from?

Don't want to get the pick axe out in the wrong place if you know what I mean.

Tbh normally get a special company in normally via the home insurance etc

Similar plumbing topics

Have any of you guys ever used acoustic leak...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have two problems - bad...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for all the replies. Given that...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Unless you went straight through the pipe and...
Replies
Views
Radioman
R
S
Thanks, Worcester :) I have a south facing...
Replies
Views
snapjack
S
Back