Grundfos,Condensate pump wiring | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grundfos,Condensate pump wiring in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
got to wire a grundfos conlift condensate pump. Anybody wired on before?

i know it will require a feed via spur or plug, what im unsure of is the overflow cutout. Some ive seen before you just wire the live(line) supply to the boiler in series via the pump safety float switch. Dose anybody know if this is the same for this pump?

cheers for any replys!! :)

I have fitted two in the past but can't remember the make?
All I know is that once the condensate reaches a certain level within the condensate pump unit, it automatically triggers the flow of the condensate.
As a last resort, you may want to read the MI's:prrr: (OK, dat woz a jokes)

the guy that will help you out is tamz i got some of him and i messaged him and he pm the best way to do it

Don`t know which model of the conlift you have but I`ve just had a quick look on the Grundfos website and the only electrical connection shown is the 240v plug.
Google Grundfos conlift, follow your way to Grundfos website.
Sorry thats all I can tell you.

See someone beat me to it

Which boiler u fitting to ? Valliant have aux where u can connect n/o contact to and set up as cut out . If u wire to std use n/c contact and 240 in series as stated above. Is it a combi or system?

don't bother phoning them 'cos they are only going to give you minimal advice and ask if you have read the MI's

Which boiler u fitting to ? Valliant have aux where u can connect n/o contact to and set up as cut out . If u wire to std use n/c contact and 240 in series as stated above. Is it a combi or system?

WB CDI classic combi.

Yep only option is to use the normally closed contact for the live in series. Why such a good pump on such a pish boiler? Don't put pump under boiler cos when it leaks it will ruin pump.

cant discount or turn down work because you dislike a boiler that alot of customers ask for. I personaly like WB and fit plenty of them without issues, customer gets 7-8 year warranty, you get service work.

cant discount or turn down work because you dislike a boiler that alot of customers ask for. I personaly like WB and fit plenty of them without issues, customer gets 7-8 year warranty, you get service work.

Was just being a tit, know the score. Just get a sick feeling when all avenues have been explored and the day of job comes and the jig cuts it's way out of box and starts making a move on my fingers.

Easiest way to wire these on a worcester if the pump is near the boiler is take the wires into the boiler. Live neutral and earth onto LS, NS and E
Brown onto your switch live with a bit terminal block and blue (marked or sleeved) onto LR.
If it also has a black wire stick that into a bit block on its own. You don't need it (unless you want to fit an alarm) but it will go live if the pump fails.

This way it just cuts the heating off if the pump fails but still allows HW.

Mark it on the MI's for sometime in the future for the hard of thinking that if the heating fails check the pump.

thanks tamz. one concern i would have is i think worcester state this boiler condenses in hot water mode?. dont know how it does or what it produces tho.

thanks tamz. one concern i would have is i think worcester state this boiler condenses in hot water mode?. dont know how it does or what it produces tho.

Allegedly! If it worries you spit the live feed with the cut off and it will kill the lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just looked you are right somewhere around £30
Replies
Views
P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
P
Cheers for your help, much appreciated.
Replies
Views
Phillay
P
L
The only way to get power to the pump is by...
Replies
Views
lew2412
L
switch live to boiler should powering the pump...
Replies
Views
Back