Grundfoss Niagara shower pump | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Grundfoss Niagara shower pump in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Grundfoss Niagara shower pump repair?

Hi Guys

I installed one of these shower pumps for a custard just over two years ago so it's out of guarantee. It's suddenly started cutting out intermittently.

After checking filters etc I did the obvious and hit it with a hammer, it started. :cheesy:
But it sounds like the impeller on the cold side is grinding and it keeps stopping- until I hit it with my Magic Hammer again.

Do you think it's basically knackered and a replacement needed or is it possible to get into the impeller and grease it or something?

Would be grateful for any guidance.

Last edited:
Have you checked the model number? On the model number are letters like P5 09 05 which would mean that it was manufactured in the 5th week of 2009. If you don't have the proof of postage they will honour a guarantee for an additional three months on top of the two years from the date of manufacture (instead of date of purchase) to allow for it to be sent to distributor and then sold. You may be lucky and the pump may have been sold to you very soon after manufacture and may have been bought just over 2 years ago but may be within the 2 years + 3 months guarantee with no receipt. In which case you may just have lost your original proof of purchase!

Upvote 0
Hi capitan

Just checked the number P5 08 49 which I reckon means manufactured 49th week of 2008. Thanks for the info, which is locked away in my tiny brain for future reference, but it looks like customer is unlucky this time.

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yup and undersized flow/returns/heat emitters...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Try Toolstation pal
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
I've found out by process of elimination that...
Replies
Views
smith steve
S
J
  • Question
So this week I have been back AGAIN, 2 months...
Replies
Views
Jules
J
  • Question
Hi again and thanks for all the replies. Same...
Replies
Views
Back