Halstead Ace Boiler Lockout | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Halstead Ace Boiler Lockout in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gazza123

Hi

I was wondering if anybody could help with my query.

We have a Halstead Ace boiler - that locks out everytime its due to start on timer.
Once I manually reset - it then starts ok.
Then the central heating works great - but the hot water goes hot for 20 secs - then freezing - then hot again for 20 sec etc...
Its a nightmare trying to shower etc.

Hoping (infact praying) it does'nt need replacing and is a simple fix.
Any advice is really appreciated.

Cheers
Gareth

not a diy fix, but wont take a gsr long to do

if you post your location one of us maybe able to pop around an help

Thanks for the reply.
Were based up in Rotherham.
You wouldnt happen to know - how much roughly the costs would be?

Cheers
Gaz

Gareth, :welcome:

Crapy boiler unfortunatly . *sigh* ... and tends to be installed by the 'less-reputable-crew'...! However if you're lucky its something relatively simple regarding ignition recognition :) Doubt it though as you mention hot water temp fluctuation!

Sometimes buying cheap or inheriting cheap is costly therafter .......... alas!!! SOZZ!

thanks mate

You're welcome :)

Honestly depends on variables as to how well any boiler will perform ... fact that yours locks out on start up tends to point to ignition recognition ... that can be relatively cheap! but there are a a good few other possibilities that can bring about the symptoms you describe ! Best bet would be to get someone in you know or stump for one of the 'fixed rate' buisnesses out here:)

I also have a halstead boiler lockout. When it is cold and switched back on or occasiinally on hot water demand.

I have replaced fan, pcb and checked all connections.

Any suggestions please?

Regards
jay
leicester

I also have a halstead boiler lockout. When it is cold and switched back on or occasiinally on hot water demand.I have replaced fan, pcb and checked all connections.Any suggestions please?Regardsjayleicester
Get a gas safe registered engineer in. We can not and will not give advice on boiler repairs on the open forum. Put a post in the looking for a plumber section of the forum.

Good advice given, please take heed.

Please go to Gas Safe Register | Ensure your gas engineer is registered. or post a thread in the 'I'm looking for a plumber / gas engineer' section of these forums remembering to include your location. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

If you are gsr please increase your post count to 10+ then send a pm to either Gas man or Redsaw who will then check you and then give you access to the gsr private forum.

Thank you.

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/42241-notice-gas-safety-related-advice.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Thanks very much indeed, Basher. I'll explore...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 126459
D
I would think the time switch wire would go to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Red light flashing 3 times is the error code...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like your motorised valve is stuck. At...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back