Halstead Ace High Boiler firing up then turning off | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Halstead Ace High Boiler firing up then turning off in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nsr500rossi

Hi, just visited my mum who lives 120 m miles away, she has no hot water or ch

The boiler fires up ok (there are flames)

It then turns off after a couple of seconds, i here a click from the boiler.

the pressure gauge shows 0.

Any ideas as to what this could be

Many thanks

Mike

water pressure down fill with loop to 1bar sorted!!! if not repost:D

Really, that easy, why would the pressure have dropped?

I can fix cars, bike and computers...but this boiler lark is all new

Thanks

M

yep, most cases, but if loosing water ie. once a month then would suspect awater leak, from a joint mybe on or near a rad, is allways agood place to start, let us know how you get on:D

Hi

Well my dad has had a go at fixing the boiler but is having no luck

I will relay the info he has given me

He has bled the radiators and the the pressure down fill.

He said there was a leak from then air vent valve at the top of the boiler, so he replaced the air valve, but it is still leaking water from the valve, or from somewhere near the top point of the boiler

When he tries it, the pressure rises to 1.5 bar then it leaks and the pressure drops

Any ideas why it would still leak, even though it is a new valve

Thanks

Mike

if the new valve is leaking where from? this is unusual,

I am not sure if it is the valve leaking or just from somewhere up high on the boiler, i think he was having trouble seeing where it was coming from

Would the leaking valve cause the problem..

thanks

well yes any leak will drop the water presure, but there must be a lot of water coming from it ,it would be pouring out,if its loosing presure so fast, so if i am asumming he cann"t see the leak or water from it , and they are no signs of water anywhere else, the only other place it can go is via the prv,check the discharge pipe, what part of the county is the boiler, they me be one of the lads on here that may what a( quick ) job. hope this helps a little chris...............

Hi Chris

thanks

me ma lives in Carterton in Oxfordshire

If anyone is up for helping (without charging insane money) then please reply

Thanks

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
Thanks that definitely seems to be the...
Replies
Views
def a wire come loose or wiring issue.
Replies
Views
Back