halstead ace high | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss halstead ace high in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennedy1978mark

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi lads , anybody clued up on the halstead ace high boiler and wants to share there knowledge ? been called out tonight to one of these and it
done my head in a bit as i had no diagrams ,but even after looking on line i still cant figure it out..
boiler fires up on c/h or h/w demand runs for a few minutes then cuts out will continously do this , checked thermistors ,aps ,flow switch, pump seems to be running ok but a bit noisy.. I put a demand for h/w and noticed that it was heating the return on c/h ?? .. changed diverter diaphragm still no joy ..
any ideas ....

cheers lads

mark

Flippin heck!"!!

First of all pants boiler has to be said usually installed for landlords or the ill advised ........ however that in mind .. :lol:

Got to check reasons why it's cutting out, is it heat related or flame recognition? Thay determine your next port of call IMO :)

heat related , when i plug c/h thermistor connection in to a spare it will run but pressure rises quite quickly , im thinking pump but its the h/w
heating return?? also c/h demand will heat h/w was looking at diagrams of hydrulic system but cant figure it out , i know there garbage but
its stumped me !!

Did u try running the hw+ch with the combustion cover off?

I try this sometimes if I suspect a choked fan venturi. obviously it goes back at cease work :)

That sounds like a blockage. Are the flow/return pipes flexi or solid copper?

sounds like pump and or diverter jammed ?? overheating going to lock out and heat travelling down return ??

diverter pin activates on hot water demand and also pin on flow switch activates when pump runs , will run to 3 bar blow off and lock out when run on spare thermistor

If heat related then its down to circulation , hot water and heating related keeps the issue boiler related IMO ... If it were outside then you'd have plenty hot water yeh?

So you're left with a restricted flow within the main hex, pump related or main flow sensor temp which I think you've eliminated ... How old is the system? Hard water area? or cheap installation? Guaranteed fix isn't an easy one my friend IMO:)

I thinking pump. u could try service it to see if it makes a slight difference. Take of the head, clean and oil bearings, refit and try again, if it improves then replace pump

7 years old , not a hardwater area and the poor girl got ripped off on the install off someone she KNEW , told her it was second best boiler she could get and charged her £2800 for boiler and 5 rads .. its a friend of my mrs as well!!!!! great haha

If money's an issue for a friend then servicing it might a decent option Matey

we keep everthing we take out and strip down mate so have got some at the unit , normally have a few in the van but not there now ??

Do these boilrs have a return filter mark? Without checking out the mi's I woldn't know .. A good proffesional cleanse may well give this young addict a cleaner life stile, by the way.... :)

not sure diamond but im gonna take the wise old man with me tomorrow i think ,... any ideas keep me posted pls .. thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Don't hold your breath. Maybe worth having a...
Replies
Views
I understand about the gas safety stuff and...
Replies
Views
Super late to the party but... I heard a...
Replies
Views
It doesn't have internal clock It doesn't...
Replies
Views
Back